Am Montag, den 14.02.2005, 07:45 -0800 schrieb Ian Romanick:
> Jaxon Lee wrote:
> > The opensource 3D drivers seem upset that they can't find .drirc.
> >
> > libGL error:
> > Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
> > libGL error:
> > Can't open configuration file /home/akshunj/.drirc: No such file or
> > directory.
> >
> > Where do I get it?  What's supposed to be in it?  Anybody know?
>
> The .drirc file is just a config file that allows you to tweak certain
> device-specific options on a global or per-application basis.  You don't
> need it, so it's a bit of an over-statement for libGL to call this an
> "error".

The configuration parser uses __driUtilMessage to print this message.
Don't know why this ends up being printed as an error message. Sometimes
this seems to be the last message from the driver before it bails out for
some other reason, so people incorrectly blame it on the missing
configuration file. Should I rephrase the message to clearly state that
this is *not an error* or just not print anything if the file can't be
read?

>   In fact, I'm not even sure that the Unichrome driver supports
> any configurable options.  Hm...

You wouldn't see this message if the driver didn't support
configuration.

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |