The fix of putting RADEONWaitForIdleMMIO() works fine on my setup.

I have *no* idea why this worked with immediate mode at all and why no issues were reported by R200 and Radeon users (well, I only looked through the mailing lists, perhaps there is something on bugzilla but I don't know how to use that efficiently)

Well my rv250 lockups occour only during mouse movement in fullscreen applications. But for month ago there were no lockups. The situation was slowly getting worse since. With current DRM and Mesa driver I get an immediate lockup in gl-117 when moving the mouse. If I use current DRM with an older Mesa it locks up after about a minute of mouse movement.

Interesting :) Could you try this with latest X.org source ?

Also, what is gl-117 ?

                     thank you

                           Vladimir Dergachev

Philipp