Am Samstag, den 19.02.2005, 01:11 +0100 schrieb Nicolai Haehnle:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 19 February 2005 00:46, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
> > There is some problem with driconf, it seems to have some problems
> > because the driver's name (radeon) does not match what it expects
> > (r200). Likewise, I couldn't figure out how you'd have 2 separate config
> > sections for both r100 and r200, currently you'll get all options of the
> > r200 (though it won't work for that chip family...), some options just
> > won't do anything on r100.
>
> When I started working on the R300 driver, I did some similar work so that
> the R300 driver should in theory be able to handle R200 as well (this R200
> support has certainly gone to hell by now because of all the hacking that
> has been going on).
>
> The point is, I also faced the driconf issue, and you can see how I
> attempted to tackle it at
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/r300/r300_driver/r300/radeon_screen.c?rev=1.7&view=auto
> My solution is probably not that good, but it might give you some ideas.

This is not going to work with the GUI configuration tool. It looks for
a symbol called __driConfigOptions in the driver module, so with your
change driconf would claim that the driver doesn't support
configuration. It can't call the driver to probe on which hardware it's
running, so you can't use different sets of options for different
hardware supported by the same driver.

I have the same problem in the savage driver. Some options just don't
make sense on Savage3D-based hardware, so they have no effect in this
case (for example floating-point depth buffer). So, when I read the
configuration I have code like this in the driver:

   imesa->float_depth = driQueryOptionb(&imesa->optionCache, "float_depth") &&
       savageScreen->chipset >= S3_SAVAGE4;

Additionally you could put hardware-specific options into separate
sections, so that the user can tell, which options will have an effect
on her hardware.

> cu,
> Nicolai

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |