On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Eric Anholt wrote:

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 23:22 -0500, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
[...]
For example, I am often seeing about 2-sec delay upon the start of a GL
app (all 2d updates are frozen). The delay always happens upon the first
GL context after a cold reboot, and it is often not present on successive
launches of GL apps.

I see this on my R200 on amd64, as well.

Really ? Do you have DynamicClocks on ? Do you have ACPI in the kernel ?

I have no idea what could have caused such a delay, as microcode has long been loaded by then.

                         best

                             Vladimir Dergachev

-- Eric Anholt [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/ [EMAIL PROTECTED]