> First off, has anyone updated the patch lately?

Nope, I think it needs to go back to the drawing board...

The biggest problem with SuSEs patch is that is was written by the looks
of it to cover the DRM and Mesa making changes to both to achieve the
solution, this isn't a way to acheive backwards compatiblity...

How it has to work, is taking a current DRI 32-bit binary, build a drm
that should support 64-bits.. see does it work with the current 32-bit
one... then write a Mesa patch that supports 64-bits and make it work on
the drm you just made... also take a 64-bit pure drm and 64-bit pure DRI
and make sure they work...

Changing the drm and Mesa at once incompatibly isn't going to get past me,
and I haven't proven that Egberts patch isn't backwards compat, but nobody
has proven to me that it doesn't break anything, and as I have no access
to any 64-bit hardware it is up to other people to convince me ...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG