> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Aapo Tahkola wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I noticed that Vladimirs adition to struct r300_state caused arbvptorus
>> get broken pretty badly. This is pretty much similar to the bug where vb
>> mode color buffer clears were broken.
>> Iv been trying to figure out this for a while now with no success and I
>> was thinking if anyone else would like to give it a shot.
>> I traced its causer down the structures to struct r300_dma before struct
>> r300_dma_region current;. This doesnt exactly mean that its in dma code
>> but at least its a start.
>>
>> Unfortunately i havent found anything useful in compiler warnings and im
>> currectly lacking ideas of how to find it...
>
> Does the bug still show up with immediate mode ? I had some success
> running 3d apps under valgrind before.

This bug *completely* disappeared after I builded xorg 6.8.2 and fetched
programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati and
programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/i2c from cvs on top of it today. After
doing that I had some oddish issues with glxgears giving only ~20fps (yes
I know it was accelerated as I saw those little white lines and debug
info).
After rebuilding kernel with profiling support in attempts to find it, it
was gone(frames boosted up too).
I tried to make it appear again by reinstalling 6.8.1(with very old ddx
patch) and by rebuilding without profiling with no success.

I have six different compiler versions and I often swap between em to get
program x to compile. So I suppose compiling kernel and drm with different
gcc versions could of been the problem..

--
Aapo Tahkola