Jesse Barnes wrote:

On Friday, March 4, 2005 6:20 am, Stephane Marchesin wrote:

Stephane Marchesin wrote:

Hi,

I upgraded drm (non core) to current cvs (previous one was from
2004-07-15) on an ia64 with a radeon 7000 (pci) and now on inserting
the module I get :
[drm:radeon_ati_pcigart_cleanup] *ERROR* no scatter/gather memory!
[drm:radeon_do_cleanup_cp] *ERROR* failed to cleanup PCI GART!

Ok, it looks like drm cvs (core and non core) has been broken on ia64
since august. Patch attached.

What is this code trying to do anyway? It looks like it's checking for overflow and trying to make sure that the offset is in I/O space? Are those checks really necessary?

Well... they probably check that you can fit the result of pci_resource_start into an unsigned int :)
(I'm only half joking - see radeon_cp.c which passes that as the offset argument for initmap).

So yes, initmap should have an unsigned long or some kind of pointer as its second arg instead...

It also looks like drm_addbufs_pci uses virt_to_bus, which won't work on many non-x86 platforms. Hmm... the version in latest 2.6 kernel tree doesn't seem to have these problems, which one is the master copy?

It's drm cvs, which gets merged into 2.6 from time to time.

Stephane