there will be any chips in the future for which neither of the current
choices work, the DRI will likely have to be disabled for them anyway.

As for DRIScreenInit - I looked at the code again and its logic appears
correct to me, could you elaborate a bit where you would like the R300
check to appear ?

if (info->IsIGP) { req_minor = 10; req_patch = 0; } else if (info->ChipFamily >= CHIP_FAMILY_R200) { req_minor = 5; req_patch = 0; } else if (info->ChipFamily >= CHIP_FAMILY_R300) { req_minor = 12; req_patch = 0; } else {

The IGP and R200 cases will match before the R300 case. The order should
be from highest to lowest required DRM version.

I agree - I have no idea how it came to be this way, sorry !

                      Vladimir Dergachev

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer