On Tuesday, March 8, 2005 11:04 am, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 8, 2005 10:47 am, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > Here are a few small fixes to get r300 going on ia64.  Thanks to Stephane
> > for pointing out the resource size mismatch.  The patch just fixes that
> > (PCI resources in Linux are 'unsigned long' at the moment, not 'unsigned
> > int') and adds the checking for write combining regions I posted earlier
> > since I don't think that's been applied.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jesse
>
> Or another one that removes the silly overflow and 'offset within real
> memory' checks altogether.  Take your pick as to which should be applied :)

Anyone have a preference on this stuff?  Should we remove the checks
altogether or just the ones against the highmem variable?  If we did the
latter, we could remove the #ifdefs altogether, though I'm not sure how
useful that check is--seems like we'd run into trouble elsewhere if we got a
bad address anyway...

Thanks,
Jesse