On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:48:54 -0500, Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 00:17 +0100, Richard Stellingwerff wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, the driver works, but it's VERY unstable for me.
>
> If you're using MergedFB (which includes clone mode), see the current
> thread '[r200] Lockups...'.

I'm using a simple 80x25 console. Support for framebuffer devices is
enabled, together with VESA VGA graphics support, but I'm not using
it. And I had never heard of MergedFB before , but after looking it up
I can say that I'm not using it.

My system is running Archlinux, with gcc 3.4.3. Maybe that makes a
difference. I haven't tried other distributions yet, so I can't
confirm if it's Archlinux related. All I do know is that it has been
unstable as long as I use the dri drivers (with xorg 6.8.0 and 6.8.2,
kernel 2.6.10-arch). Fglrx used to be very stable, but lacked the
suspend support. Suspend > OpenGL for me.

Does the SuSE LiveCD 9.2 support dri (r200)? I have this LiveCD, so I
guess I could try that.