Hi Dario,

With the help of Sergey Zharkov I narrowed down the problem. I'm CCing
this to the dri-devel and savage40 lists as a summary.

The problem seems to be in the AGP GART driver which is in the Linux
kernel. A new snapshot won't help you, I can't fix the problem there. I
haven't had the time to prepare a good bug-report for the kernel
developers yet. I would have to upgrade the kernel and get swsusp to
work with it first (last time I tried this was several months ago). I
think I won't have time for this in the next two weeks. :(

See my comment below for a good workaround.

Am Montag, den 21.03.2005, 21:11 +0100 schrieb Dario Saccavino:
> I am experiencing the same problem with swsusp2 (version 2.1.8, kernel
> 2.6.11): after resuming from suspend to disk, if I launch a 3D
> application the computer hangs. I can avoid the problem completely by
> specifying "DmaMode" "none" in xorg.conf or by shutting down X before
> suspending.

In order to make swsusp work reliably you should set BusType to "PCI".
This will disable any use of AGP memory, both for textures and for DMA.
With BusType "PCI" you do not need to set DmaMode to "None", but you may
get slightly better performance. Your mileage may vary.

> I'm using a CVS snapshot dating about 2 weeks ago; is this fixed now,
> or going to be? I can supply logs and testing, if you need some help.
>
>     Dario

Regards,
  Felix