On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:20:01 -0500, Jung-uk Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Maybe, weird things can happen... To tell the true have no clue
> > > if this gcc upgrade have fix this...Anyway now it works for you.
> > > Do you have any freeze now  (try moving,resizing gl window, or
> > > some glintensive app...) ?
> >
> > Actually, I was excited too early.  After I set
> > LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose, I found loading r300_dri.so failed (because of
> > Mesa's 3DLab shader language commits). :-(  I was fooled because it
> > was quite faster than indirect rendering (although I have no idea
> > why).  Any way, I just updated Mesa again (which disabled
> > mesa_slang thingy but not completely) and now it's broken as
> > before.  It's flickering and stretched as before and it's not just
> > hung for a while but blanked display completely (maybe because Mesa
> > partially disabled 3dlabs thingy?) and glxgears is hung on
> > DRM_WAIT_ON() as before.
>
> To make sure I am not doing anything stupid, I copied Xorg, Mesa, and
> DRI binaries to my desktop with RV280 (Athlon 64, same kernel, same
> DRM, etc.) and it worked perfectly fine.  glxgears yields close to
> 3,000 FPS.  So I guess it's R300 issue. :-(

I guess there must things to do in the drm in order to make it work
with r300 on BSD. If you feel it, you can try see if you see any
things that is BSD specifique in r200 drm and see if you can adapt
it to r300 drm.

I will take a look at this if i get time (which will be difficult :)).

best,
Jerome Glisse