On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Michel [ISO-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-18-04 at 18:44 +0200, Geller Sandor wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Michel [ISO-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > > Did you post the problems you encountered?
> >
> > Yes, on Mon, 14 Feb 2005. You were one of the recipients :)) There was a
> > thread 'OpenGL apps causes frequent system locks' on dri-devel.
>
> I mean the problems compiling older snapshots.

The tail of the build logs were attached to that mail. The usual 'parse
error...' messages, which were caused IMHO by several missing headers.

> > > Define 'a simple X restart'. Do you mean running Descent 3 right after
> > > restarting the X server?
> >
> > Issued startx, exited X. Issued startx again, started D3, played for a
> > while.
>
> But it doesn't happen if you only start the X server once?

Unfortunately, I can't remember, whether the X server was stable or it
took only some minutes to freeze, that was 2 months ago. I remember that
when I used Mesa CVS, then X was quite unstable. Without Mesa CVS it was
stable until I restarted X. It rings about that the first X session seemed
to be stable...

> > I wrote my step-by-step test in one of the mails I sent to this
> > thread.
>
> I don't see that in your other post to *this* thread. Do you mean the
> thread you started months ago?

Yes, I meant the other thread (it wasn't started by me).

> If you can reproduce the problem with DRM debugging output enabled, send
> the output, e.g. But don't put your hopes too hig

OK, I will continue testing the CVS version this weekend. I'll report
back the results.

  Geller Sandor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>