> > this even applicable to this version of X?
>
> If you are using bash:
> export tcl_mode=0
> glxinfo
> will show that tcl is off: NO-TCL in the renderer string.
> start your programm from this shell and it should run in sw-tcl mode.
>
> Are you using r200_dri.so compiled from current mesa-cvs repository?
>

> @dri-devel: or is Debians XFree 4.3 too old to use current dri drivers?

with XF4.3 you might need to use RADEON_NO_TCL=1 instead, I've no idea
when we changed it over...  XF4.3 will have issues in the userspace DRI
driver that can crash a machine, it is old old old... I don't think
changing the kernel will make it any more stable/unstable..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG