On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Nicolai Haehnle wrote:

On Friday 10 June 2005 18:10, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Aapo Tahkola wrote:

Someone, I believe it was Aapo, said that they see white lines across
the
screen when the framerate is fairly high. I didn't see this up until
yesterday
when I had to change from my 9600pro to a 9600XT (I killed the card
moving
it between machines somehow).

Are you using SiS based motherboard by any chance?
Following patch should fix this at the cost of some speed...

I just committed the following patch to r300_reg.h:

Thanks. By the way, I confirmed that fglrx sets those bits in 0x180 on the
following cards:
- 0x4E44 (R300)
- 0x4E50 (RV350)
- 0x4A49 (R420)
... i.e. pretty much across the board. However, there are many other
registers that it touches, and I couldn't test how it affects lockups yet.

How very interesting :) I wonder whether this would fix the apparent tendency of the driver to spend a lot of time in the kernel waiting for something on rv350..

Or, at least, that's what top says.

+#      define R300_MC_MISC__MC_SAME_PAGE_PRIO_SHIFT    24
+#      define R300_MC_MISC__MC_GLOBW_INIT_LAT_SHIFT    24

Is the last 24 supposed to be a 28?

+#      define R300_MC_MISC__MC_GLOBW_FULL_LAT_SHIFT    0

Is the last 0 supposed to be a 28?

Yes, to both. Sorry for hasty typing I was about to leave when I read Aapo's e-mail.

Fixed version is in CVS.

                  best

                        Vladimir Dergachev

cu,