Nicolai Haehnle wrote:
Also I remember seeing that the values are different depending on chip family. Is this safe?

Well, I have tested this on three different chips (R300, rv350 (mobile) and R420, which is quite a nice sample), and:
- fglrx sets this on all the chips and
- setting it in our driver caused no regressions.

Of course, it would be even better if people could test it on their hardware (use hw_script from r300 CVS to query the register value while fglrx is running, as well as test the patch).

I just had a quick try, it doesn't seam to cause any regressions.
Am I right in assuming that it should reduce lockups on Radeon 9800?

Rune Petersen