On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 01:42 -0400, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

> > I was just looking at r300 code today for my own system.  A few things
> > that I think ought to happen for the merge:
> > - Clean up style.  Unindented blocks of code, weird whitespace (closing
> > brackets on the same column as the block containing it, rather than the
> > surrounding block), lack of wrapping at 80 columns, etc.
> > - r300_emit_unchecked_state should get renamed
> > (r300_check_and_emit_state?) and its all-caps warnings removed.
>
> What about r300_emit_packet0 instead of r300_emit_unchecked_state and
> r300_emit_packet3 instead of r300_emit_raw ? Cause that's what they do.

That sounds good to me.

> > Things I noticed that aren't top priority:
> > - DRM_COPY_FROM_USER_UNCHECKED in r300_emit_cliprects should be a
> > DRM_COPY_FROM_USER, I think.
>
> Hmm.. I have no idea either - could anyone else comment ?

DRM_COPY_FROM_USER_UNCHECKED should be used only when you've already
verified that the area is readable, and you don't check the return
value.  In this case, you're checking and returning EFAULT in case of
fault, which suggests DRM_COPY_FROM_USER is what was intended.

> > - Axe the comment about "can't afford to let userspace control something
> > that locks up the graphics card so easily" in R300_CMD_END3D handling.
> > There are too many ways to hang a graphics card with DRI for us to try
> > to stop the user from doing so.
>
> Well, nothing wrong for setting goals too high, at least there is
> something to look up to ;)

OK, I can accept that :)

--
Eric Anholt                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/              [EMAIL PROTECTED]