On 6/28/05, Eric Anholt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 16:22 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > This fixes so that my egl driver will get started. You probably need
> > to test it further.
> >
> > You are creating the maps in radeon_preinit and it only gets called
> > once at driver load time. Map creation needs to be moved over to the
> > open_help function so they will get rebuilt each time.
>
> open_helper gets called on every single open, which doesn't seem right
> to me.  Instead I was moving it to presetup, which is the first time the
> device gets opened again after module load or a takedown.

That sounds better. I hadn't put much thought into it, I was just
trying to get my driver working again. Post a patch with the right
fix.

Some of the things in DRM that look like unused features to x.org are
used by miniglx and my egl driver. Reset support was in this category
until Ben decided to do it a different way.

--
Jon Smirl