Dave Airlie wrote:
Okay I know the radeon has a slightly wierd 0..1 instead of 0..[wh],

why does this cause a fallback to non-tcl? can the hardware not do it or
are we missing something in Mesa to let it ...
How else would you do the coordinate translation if not with a tcl fallback? I think ideally you'd just use some coordinate translation stage without doing a fallback. Maybe something similar I did for the GL_EXT_fog_coordinate extension (on r200, I never tested the code on the radeon as it would be slightly different there IIRC due to the r100 not having an independent input for fog coordinates). Though the code is IMHO a kludge, as you do the same calculations as Mesa already does in its software pipeline, but you can't reuse the code. And handling it this way only works if the input of that pipeline stage is not dependant on any calculations of earlier stages, but only dependant directly on the inputs.

Roland