> > Now my problem at the moment is I can't get fglrx to work on my X300 at
> > all either, it hangs... (XP works fine..), I'm going to install FC3 as
> > well as ubuntu just to get a second opinion :-)

Well all the latest pcie code is in r300.sf.net drm, it still doesn't work
for me, and I've ran out of good ideas... I've noticed a bug where the AGP
driver was loading on my chipset and I've asked AlanH to have a look at
that... my only other issue is whether the r300 has an issues with DMA
addressing outside of certain areas... I doubt it but I'm grasping at
straws..

I wouldn't mind I've gotten the register maps and the bits make sense..
and as fglrx doesn't exactly run properly on my system due to having 1GB
or RAM I'm awaiting the outcome from ATI on that one .. an ATI programmers
manual for even 2D on the PCI Express chips would be of use but ATI
haven't made one available to devrel or open source yet..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG