Bellido Nicolas wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Radeon 9800Pro that I'm trying to get working with the R300 tree on my Gentoo box.

I'm running a 2.6.12-gentoo-r4 kernel with the X11 6.8.99.15 ebuild.
As I saw a post recently on the dri-devel list, I built DRI and Mesa from CVS.

When the radeon module is loaded, i get in the kernel logs:

Linux agpgart interface v0.101 (c) Dave Jones
agpgart: Detected VIA KT880 chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 128M @ 0xe0000000
[drm] Initialized drm 1.0.0 20040925
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:00.0[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
[drm] Initialized radeon 1.16.0 20050311 on minor 0: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R350 [Radeon 9800 Pro]

This is just a shot in the dark, have you built the drm module too? The r300 driver needs a new version too. I don't know what would happen if you don't build it however, but it certainly wouldn't work. CC to dri-devel as the r300 driver doesn't check correctly for the drm version as far as I can see. The version should have been bumped in the drm when support for r300 driver was added I guess (along with the date and version comments in radeon_drv.h).

Roland