On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Alex Deucher wrote:

On 7/26/05, Vladimir Dergachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Mark Ferry wrote:

Section "Device"
      Identifier  "Card0_r300"
      Driver      "ati"
      BusID       "PCI:0:16:0"
      Option     "UseFBDev"           "true"  # [<bool>]
      Option     "DMAForXV"           "off"   # [<bool>]
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AFAIK, DMAForXv should work fine, at least for people with lowendian
hardware.

Should work on bigendian too.  I think Michel worked on the patch on
PPC initially.

There is an issue with R300 and later cards where a command used to to DMA
with proper conversion does not work that way anymore. This command is not
used in that way for 3d rendering, but is used for DMAForXv.

I am not certain whether this was fixed or not.

                   best

                       Vladimir Dergachev

Alex