On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 13:10 +0200, Egbert Eich wrote:
> The Mesa patch below helps to make the data passed between
> the Xserver and an DRI client in the GetDeviceInfo request of
> the DRI extension independ of the machine size - a prerequisite
> to support mixing of 32 and 64bit DRI clients.
>
> The patch eliminates the need to use of drmAddress in these
> structures.
> drmAddress is unsigned long and therefore machine size dependent.
>
> Furthermore it fixes a bug in the MGA DRI module which makes the
> assumption that a 'handle' is a base address of a mapped area.
> Appearantly the affected code is not used any more with the latest
> versions of DRM.
>
> Like the patches to libdrm none of these fixes should raise any
> compatibility issues.
> I suggest to postpone the changes which eliminate drmAddress from
> these structures and make drm_handle_t unsigned int until all
> other things are in place and do them all at once as they will
> change the ABI between the Xserver and DRI clients.

Egbert,

The only thing I think that's missing from this is bumping the ddx
version and the check in the Mesa driver to signify this change.

I've already done the i810 (DDX) and i915 (Mesa) driver, so I'll commit
this if you can modify the patch below to bump the version according to
your change in the DDX as well.

Thanks,

Alan.