I've managed to get my Radeon 8500 to work with YPbPr output under Windows.  I
did have a bit of trouble finding how to do it again, eventually found this
thread on avsforum:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=212199&page=1&pp=20

The picture quality is incomparable to s-video and the Windows driver only
supports US HDTV standard output modes, while my TV also supports PAL type HDTV
modes ie. 576p; hopefully this limitation will be gone if I can get this
working with Xorg.

It's worth noting that it does NOT work on all Radeon cards, specifically my
9200SE will not work in YPbPr mode.

--- Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 8/6/05, Steven Newbury <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Not really.  Ati hasn't released any information about setting up the
> > > chip for component output.  Perhaps you can dump the radeon registers
> > > in windows and compare how that driver sets things up, or perhaps the
> > > fglrx driver supports component out too and you could use the register
> > > dump tools from the r300 project.
> > >
> > Hi again!  I'm going to have a go at getting Windows working with component
> out
> > and get a register dump from it.  Do you know where I could find a register
> > dumper for Windows?
>
> I don't know off hand.
>
> >Or should I try compiling
> > http://www.botchco.com/alex/radeon/mergedfb/cvs/DRI/hy0/radeon_dump.tgz
> under
> > Cygwin?  Would that work?
>
> I've never tried.  You can give it a shot and see what happens.
I've got it to compile, however to to open /dev/mem I had to change it to open
it RDONLY, I don't why that would be, this is a default install of WinXP so my
user account is running as "Administrator".  I've now come to another problem,
cygwin/nt5.1 doesn't have a /proc/bus/pci so radeon_dump is segfaulting:
$ ./radeon_dump
Unknown card
radeon_dump: ATI (null)
BIOS Image start: -------------------
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm still looking for a native Win32 Radeon register dumper though I've not yet
had any luck in that regard.

Steve