Thomas Hellström wrote:
Hi!

Eric Anholt wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] sent me a port of the VIA DRM to FreeBSD.  However, it
left a couple of rough edges (most of them preexisting), which I tried
to clean up.  Attached is the diff against DRM CVS HEAD.  I've
compile-tested on Linux and FreeBSD, but I don't have any hardware.
Could someone test the diff so I can commit?

I've tested on Linux, and as far as I can see it doesn't break anything. Note however recent changes to the ioctl permissions, and I will be commiting the pci dma blit code soon and which is a bit linux specific and will end up in linux-core, but I'll hold off until your bsd code is commited. The client code using the PCI DMA stuff will not end up in the upcoming Xorg release, however.

BTW Eric, If I remember correctly you had a completely new memory manager implementation for the SiS driver posted a year or so ago. Any plans to port that to via? Joris van Rantwijk has some security / x86-64 patches for the current implementation, but It would be good to clean it all up in one go, and possibly apply his changes on top of a new memory manager implementation.

/Thomas

Excellent, I'm glad it's working for you, too. I'll hopefully commit tomorrow, at which point I could probably work on the SiS and VIA memory manager bits. I'm thinking of maybe dropping some of it in generic code, if that turns out to be sensible. I'll have to see -- I haven't looked at it for most of that year. I'd like to get it in, though.

One reason I had held off was adding bsd_queue.h for linux, since I already had linux_list.h for BSD. However, I find the BSD queue macros much easier to read when going over code (even though I often have troubles with the order of arguments when writing it), so I think I'll stick with it.

I'm not going to touch any more code tonight, since I'm dead tired now.