Am Sonntag, den 14.08.2005, 12:04 +0200 schrieb Philipp Klaus Krause:
> I have some questions about the SiS driver:
>
> 1) The SiS driver looks different from the other drivers. It doesn't
> have a custom tnl_pipeline as all the other drivers except tdfx do.
> Was this some old style of writing drivers and all others have already
> been converted?

The custom tnl_pipeline is merely an optimization for the more-or-less
common case of unclipped primitives. Depending on the capabilities of
the hardware more restrictions apply (e.g. one-sided lighting, with some
primitives flat shading may not be supported, ...). Mesa drivers can
work without a custom tnl_pipeline. It's not a replacement for the
general case though. All drivers have the standard _tnl_render_stage as
last fallback stage in the pipeline.

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |