Ian Romanick schrieb:

> I could have sworn that the vertex-program extensions and
> GL_EXT_cull_vertex each required an addition TNL pipeline stage.  I see
> that the i915 driver adds "&_tnl_vertex_cull_stage" and
> "&_tnl_vertex_program_stage".  Why does r128 not need those additions?

The r200 and the i915 use a custom vertex pipeline.
The r128 uses the standard variant, which already includes the
vertex_program stage.

Sorry for the cull vertex stuff. I overlooked that it isn't in the
default pipeline. I'll post a patch with that extension removed.
Maybe this stage should be added to the default pipeline.

> My only other comment is that *all* the open-source drivers should
> support *all* of these extensions and GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap.  There
> are a few that even still need "fake" support for GL_ARB_multisample and
> GL_ARB_texture_compression added. :(

I have some old cards lying around. I wanted to add these anyway.
Since the r128 was the only one to really work (savage would probably
need a newer xorg, for SiS problems see my post "SiS 305 problems"
I began with the r128 driver.
But not all drivers should always support these always. For cards that
support TcL vertex programs are something that replaces hardware with
slower software. Therefore I made it a configuration option on the r200
a year ago (with the ARB version on by default).

Philipp