On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Vitja Makarov wrote:

Hi all!

Is it possible to add 200m support to r300 drivers?
If so I'm going to do this stuff.

This is lspci output related to the card

[snip]

according to Xorg.log: (--) fglrx(0): Chipset: "RADEON XPRESS 200M (RS480
5955)" (Chipset = 0x5955)

So as I understand my card is based on rs480 5955 chip that isn't r300 (

Any ideas?

Hi Vitja, chances are that r300 driver might work with this chipset.

The first thing to find out is whether Xorg from CVS works with your card.

If it does, get DRM from CVS, add your PCI id, install the module and try to get Xserver to say "DRI enabled" in the log.

If 2d still works, you can try compiling r300 mesa driver - chances are it will work as well (you'll need to add your pci id to it too and tell it that you have RV350).

                         best

                            Vladimir Dergachev

vitja.