Brian Paul wrote:
- Pageflipping is completely broken. Looks like stuff gets drawn to the right place only every second frame or something like that (i.e. heavy flicker).

What's the trick for enabling/testing page flipping? I thought I had it going with the radeon, but I guess not.
Option "EnablePageFlip" "true"
somewhere in the xorg.conf device section. It is still problematic though, just yesterday I've noticed that detection if it has to be disabled is pretty broken now (e.g. starting two opengl apps it seemed to miss to disable it 3 out of 4 times :-(.

- Without pageflip, reflect partly works. a/d/f/c look good (though c looks the same as f), but s is hosed beyond recognition. readpix works, as does zreaddraw and singlebuffer.

's' should show a white quad for the 'table' surface representing the stencil buffer values. 'f' toggles front/back rendering - it'll look flickery and especially so when using a/s/d to show the alpha channel, stencil buffer or depth buffer.
Not sure why I didn't notice the flicker before :-) it's pretty obvious.

Can you check if 's' worked before I changed the driver?
Yes, it works correctly (even with color tiling) with a checkout from yesterday. Strange that depth works but stencil doesn't... (btw the readbacks really suck. reflect gets down to 15fps when viewing the depth buffer, much slower than sw rendering :-(.)

Roland