Matthias Hopf wrote:
find a patch attached that fixes all remaining strict-aliasing problems
when compiling Mesa with gcc 4 (at least for me).

Are you sure you've got the #ifdef logic correct?

Actually, no. And I didn't recognize what you were referring to until
today...
You are right, it should have been the other way round.

However, I dug a little bit deeper, and found that even the interface
(in glut/glx/glutint.h) only wants to get a void **, and as we do not
have to access the fbconfig anyway, I patched everything to be void **.
This compiles cleanly.

#if defined(GLX_VERSION_1_1) && defined(GLX_SGIX_fbconfig)
typedef void *fbc_t;
#else
typedef GLXFBConfigSGIX fbc_t;
#endif

I would expect that the proper test would be:

#if defined(GLX_SGIX_fbconfig)
typedef GLXFBConfigSGIX fbc_t;
#else
typedef void *fbc_t;
#endif

I still keep the test for GLX_VERSION_1_1. It shouldn't hurt, and maybe
there are some subtle flaws in old header files.

Would mind creating a new patch?  I don't have any time to do so.
-Brian

I know, this took much longer than it should, however, here's finnally
the updated patch.

Thanks.  I've checked it in.

-Brian