Wasn't sure whether to send this to dri-users or dri-devel but it's sort of
a bug report so I figured I'd send it here.  Following the Building
instructions on the DRI Wiki I believe I have DRI working on my Thinkpad T42
(Radeon Mobility M10).  glxinfo tells me:

direct rendering: Yes

and I seem to get about 1340 fps in glxgears.  Not great, but certainly
better than software.  Quake 2 seems to run fine with glx support.  (Both
glxgears and Q2 print various messages like "TODO - double side stencil !"
and "user error: Need more than 2 vertices to draw primitive QS !" but I
assume those are mostly debugging-related).  My (perhaps overly ambitious)
goal, however, would be to be able to run World of Warcraft.  It runs under
Wine with fglrx, but I experience frequent crashes and of course in any case
would prefer to use free drivers. :)  Running WoW with the r300 driver
yields this complaint:

Your 3D accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft.
Please install a 3D accelerator card with dual-TMU support.

Anyone know if this is a known limitations or whatnot?

For kicks, in case it's interesting to anyone, I put my Xorg.log up as
http://www.chiappa.net/~chris/xorg-r300.log.gz

--

..ooOO [EMAIL PROTECTED]              | My opinions are my own  OOoo..
..ooOO [EMAIL PROTECTED]       | and certainly not those OOoo..