Alex Deucher wrote:
On 9/28/05, John Shillinglaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

I have a Thinkpad T20 with a Savage IX, that is running Gentoo Linux
with 2.6.14-rc2-mm1 kernel.

In order to get direct rendering working, I have followed the build from
cvs instructions on the dri wiki. Now everything seems to work, dmesg
shows no errors, and the xorg log tells me direct rendering is enabled,
and I can run glxgears with fps from 150 up to 300.

However, glxinfo bombs with a seg fault message, and tuxracer locks up
the computer  before actually getting to the play screen.

I've compiled with the latest xorg cvs, dri cvs, mesa cvs, etc.

Any ideas?

I think Brian's renderbuffer changes may be the cause.   If you go to
a version of mesa cvs prior to the changes it should work.  I've lots
of other reports of this problem on savage; cc'ing dri-devel.

I don't have any savage hardware to test with but I'll work with anyone who does and can do some debugging for me.

Rebuild the driver with -g and post a stack trace from the segfault. Please start with simple Mesa demos rather than big applications/games.

-Brian