Alexander Toresson wrote:
I'm trying to get the r300 drivers to work on a laptop with an ati radeon mobility x300. The laptop is running debian etch. This is what
I've done:

1. Installed binaries of Xorg 6.9rc0 from experimental. 2. Installed
binaries of libgl1-mesa-dri 6.3.2 from unstable (contains r300_dri.so) 3. Grabbed the latest svn of the drm kernel modules by
running 'cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/dri co
drm', then cd'ed into the /drm/linux-core directory, issued make
radeon.o, then copied the resulting .ko files into /lib/modules/version/char/drm, and then ran depmod -ae.

kernel: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.19.0 20050911 on minor 0: ATI Technologies Inc M22 [Radeon Mobility M300] kernel:
[drm:radeon_do_init_cp] *ERROR* Cannot use PCI Express without GART
in FB memory

I have no idea what this error means.
xorg 6.9rc0 is too old to support PCI-Express based r300-based chips (for setting up the gart stuff used for 3d at least), this was commited less than a month ago. You need something newer, if there's nothing newer from the experimental packages for debian you could try xorg cvs. I'm not completely sure if mesa 6.3.2 version is new enough neither.

Roland