On 11/2/05, René Rebe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried the latest X11R7 snapshots with Mesa-6.4 and Linux 2.6.14 (with the
> PCI ID added to the drm_pciids file) on a x86-64 (64bit user-space) AMD
> Turion laptop - without success.
>
> The DRM is initalized and X attempts to utilize it, but the machine freezes
> with a black screen at X start.
>
> Are there some additional code fragments, such as PCIE, to try?

Well, the XPRESS chips are PCIE, however they do not have discrete
videoram, so they may need additional tweaks to get the DRI working on
them.  Unfortunately, we have no documentation on the XPRESS chips.  I
suspect there's an issue with where/how you set up the PCIE GART with
integrated chips.  You best bet is to run fglrx on it and dump the
registers to see how ati sets the card up.

Alex