I am looking at adding vblank synchronization support to the i915 driver.
I have a few questions on how all of the pieces fit together and where the
source code comes from.

>From my understanding, the snapshots such as i915-20051107-linux.i386
contain source code that is built to update the kernel DRM modules (i915.ko
and drm.ko). The snapshot also contains binary files (i915_dri.so and
i810_drv.o) that are copied over the existing X modules.

My question is this. Where is the source code that builds the new X modules?
I found the code that builds the original modules in the X source but I can't
find the source for the updated modules.

I am very new to DRM/DRI so I may be missing something but it seems to me that
adding vblank synchronization support will require modifications to both the
DRM and DRI parts of the equation.

Can somebody enlighten me? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Kavanagh