On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 01:59 +0000, pedro.lixo wrote:

> So i have this patch to warn that driver has detected correct amount
> of memory but only using 128MB. like Roland has sugested.

I like the basic idea.

> I've implemented a more complex if expression, that only allow memory
> override to lower values of 128MB. I don't know if my though's were
> correct, or if my implementation was correct.

IMHO the condition should be

        if (dev->videoRam && dev->videoRam < pScrn->videoRam)

because pScrn->videoRam is the maximum the driver can use.

Also, the else clause should read

        else if (dev->videoRam)

because the server output shouldn't contain anything about the override
when the VideoRam directive isn't active in the config file.

Submitting at https://bugs.freedesktop.org would be better.