On 11/11/2005 05:56:13 AM, Felix Kühling wrote:
The weirdest thing. Trying to get the snapshots building on a new
computer I ran into trouble because libdrm's configure.sh checks a
C++
compiler and fails if none is installed. What does libdrm need a C++
compiler for? I couldn't see anything suspicious in configure.ac, but
then again, I don't know much about automake.

Any ideas anyone?

I have no C++ compiler installed and I can compile drm from CVS just fine.
automake-1.9.5-1
autoconf-2.59-5

BTW, I see no configure.sh there - could it be we talk about different sources? I downloaded mine with
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/dri co drm

(checking...)

Are you using the released libdrm tarballs? They were created with outdated auto* tools, in particular automake-1.7. Update to automake-1.9 solves the problem. If you have that version installed on your system, run following:

aclocal
automake
autoconf

before running