This is the second report of an i810 user getting a black screen. In
both cases the server log files submitted are incomplete. Something is
going wrong here, but I don't know what it is. Can anyone familiar with
the i810 driver comment?

Lilian, Steph: could you provide one more data-point? When you started X
and the screen is blank, can you switch virtual consoles or log in via
ssh and check if the Xserver is still running (ps aux | grep X). The
incomplete log files make me believe that the Xserver may be dying a
rather horrible death for some reason in the middle of the driver
initialization.

Thanks,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |