Aapo Tahkola wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:04:51 +0100
Philipp Klaus Krause <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

And 3D-acceleration seems to work! But I get some warnings:
*********************************WARN_ONCE*********************************
File r300_state.c function r300Enable line 457
TODO - double side stencil !
No ctx->FragmentProgram._Current!!
That's normal for an experimental unfinished driver like the r300 one.
It's slower than it will be after further optimization. PÜrobably the
warning above means that hardware can do double sided stencil, but it's
not implemented yet in the driver and thus won't work or causes a
software fallback.

Most software fallbacks have been disabled because they are simply too slow.
See r300_render.c: r300Fallback for a list.
I have 2 versions of that file:
25565 Dec  4 01:37 ./Mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/r300/r300_render.c
19306 Jul 31 18:47 ./xc/extras/Mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/r300/r300_render.c

I assume you mean the newest file. If a software fallback for a hardware operation is disabled, does that mean that the operation can not be done at all? (I have no clue what a double side stencil is.)

You can get some extra boost by sticking:
Option "ColorTiling" "true"
into xorg.conf
Sounds good that the driver can be made faster, but why would I have to turn it on in a configuration file?

I tried tuxracer and it seemd to work. (I wanted to try boson, but the package for a dependency was broken, so I wait until it is fixed.) Is there anything else I should test and report about?