On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 12:49 -0800, Ian Romanick wrote:

> Adam Jackson wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 December 2005 19:18, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> >
> >>Please also see bug #5057
> >>At my point of view
> >>defines IN_DRI_DRIVER and USE_EXTERNAL_DXTN_LIB=1 are very specific and
> >>only used in Mesa.
> >>So the patch on bug #5057 ( the last one ) or something similar, don't
> >>see what problems can cause on applying it.
> >
> > The problem in applying it is that we are in RCfinal now.  This was a known
> > issue for over a month and was never put on the release blocker, so
> > apparently wasn't critical enough to block the release.
> >
> > Yes, this sucks.  But we have process rules for a reason.
>
> WHOA!!!  Without IN_DRI_DRIVER, building DRI drivers is 100% broken.  If
> we ship like this, we're shipping something that is completely KNOWN to
> be broken and will NEVER have ANY chance of working.  I thought this was
> applied over a month ago.  What happened?

What happened ?!? nothing
I send some emails, fill some bug reports and made some patches.
Roland Scheidegger as open the bug 5057 and I made other patch.

Well Ian, first of all what patch we are talking about, what patch you
suggest that should be applied ?

If IN_DRI_DRIVER define was so important, we had much more bugs reports.
In fact I (or we) found this bug occasionally.

My opinion for this specific case, is that we should try the most
similar compilations of Mesa in or out of Xorg sources , and that is a
fact that _out_ of xorg sources with make linux-dri-x86 the
IN_DRI_DRIVER and  USE_EXTERNAL_DXTN_LIB=1 are used and _in_ xorg
sources don't.
I had test and apply, the last patch of bug #5057 and I got the issues
of this bugs resolved.

I don't know what else I can do.
Ian you could make this blocker, if think that is important !

thanks,
--
Sérgio M.B.