Hello again

Just for the record I have downgraded to debian stable just to check a few
things and the speed difference is definitely noticeable.  glxgears cogs fly
in debian stable and in blender a simple textured round shape moves with no
delay/jitter.  with latest X and 2.4.15 kernel the same shape shows
noticeable delay/jitter.  Seems like a performance regression to me (but I am
no expert).

Dave