On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 10:01:12AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> What happens if you try (serparately):
>
>  - With the X patch but not the DRM patch

Tried with 2.6.15.2 kernel drm and drm cvs - no change.

>  - Modify RADEONInitMemoryMap() in radeon_driver.c (X driver) to change
> that line:
>
>     mem_size = INREG(RADEON_CONFIG_MEMSIZE);
>
> to:
>
>     mem_size = INREG(RADEON_CONFIG_MEMSIZE) / 2;

On the first run, it did take a little longer to lock up (got well
into the second demo), but after a reboot I tried again and it locked
up just as quickly as usual. I tested this with your patched drm,
which I think is what you intended.

Cheers,
Kevin.