Hello again,

Am Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:54:56 -0500 schrieb Felix Kühling:
> If you have AGPFastWrites enabled, do disable them. Did you set any
> other funny options in the configuration file?

Already tried to disable everything fancy:

| Section "Device"
|     Identifier  "ATI Radeon 9250"
|     Driver      "radeon"
|     Option      "EnablePageFlip" "off"
|     Option      "MergedFB" "off"
|     Option      "SWcursor" "off"
|     Option      "AGPMode" "1"
|     Option      "AGPFastWrite" "off"
| EndSection

> It may also be related to
> AGP writeback of engine status. It doesn't work reliably with some AGP
> bridges and leads to the symptoms described above.

Did that too, radeon.ko does offer an option for disabling writeback
("no_wb"). To be sure I also tried to explicitly disable it in the source.

> In that case the
> engine is finished processing commands and ready for new ones, but the
> driver never knows about it.

I tried enabling debug of drm.ko, it gives *LOTS* of output. The last
350000 lines or so are "[drm:radeon_freelist_get] done_age = 1251" or
parts of it, as the syslog wasn't fast enough ;).
The last non-repeating lines are:

| Feb 18 12:21:34 vimes kernel: [drm:radeon_cp_cmdbuf] RADEON_CMD_SCALARS
| Feb 18 12:21:34 vimes kernel: [drm:radeon_cp_cmdbuf] RADEON_CMD_VECTORS
| Feb 18 12:21:34 vimes kernel: [drm:radeon_cp_cmdbuf] RADEON_CMD_SCALARS2
| Feb 18 12:21:34 vimes kernel: [drm:radeon_cp_cmdbuf] RADEON_CMD_VECTORS

If you are interested, you can find an almost complete log (drm parts
only, without most of the ever and ever repeating last lines) at
http://automagically.de/files/drm-short.log.bz2 (23k).

I'll continue to search the right screw :)

Markus