Felix Kühling wrote:
Log message: Add all radeon pci ids known by ddx, but only r350/rv350 and below (new chips may be problematic).

Not quite. It's still missing 0x3150 which is the M24 in my notebook.
Fglrx identifies it as "MOBILITY RADEON X600 (M24 3150)". It works just fine with the free drivers as an RV350 (Mesa treats it as an RV350 too), though the radeon driver in Xorg seems to think it's an RV380.
It thinks it is a rv380 because it IS a rv380 (and that's why I haven't
added it) - the rest of the ids can be found in #5413 (for dri and drm
it doesn't matter if it's rv350 or rv380 at all, since drm uses its own
method of figuring out if it's pcie or agp, and dri doesn't care at all).
(AFAIK there are no functional differences between the rv3xx chips,
except the bus interface is different, so:
rv350, 0.13um manufacturing, AGP, marketing name radeon
9600/9550/9600Pro / M10, M12(?)
rv360, 0.13um low-k, AGP, radeon 9600XT / M11(?)
rv370, 0.11um, PCI-E, X300[SE]/X550[SE] / M22(?)
rv380, 0.13um low-k, PCI-E, X600/X550[SE?] / M24(?)
I'm a bit unsure about the mobile names right now...)

I added this line to drm_pciids.txt and otherwise used the latest binary snapshot (from today):
If you add it manually, you should proably add it as a rv380 (this was not possible before my patch) even though the current code doesn't care.

Glad it works for you, but Dave Airlie had some concerns about adding all new ids as it still seems to cause lockups sometimes (the rs400 ones definitely will lockup, with the other ids it's unclear why/when).

Roland