On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 19:04 +0200, Pasi Savolainen wrote:
> Dario Laera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I was unable to run a completely naked X, as if I try to run glxgears
> > without a window manager I get a strange result...
> > http://laera.web.cs.unibo.it/no-wm.png

That's a glxgears bug that was fixed in the monolithic xc tree but
apparently never merged to the Mesa tree.

> > Using vtwm if I run glxgears I get ~ 2600 fps, then if I run 3ddesk
> > (http://desk3d.sourceforge.net/) and restart glxgears it runs slower,
> > ~1700 fps. On gnome I've also used BillardGL to test perfs: after 3ddesk
> > or xscreensaver it can't reach the 80 fps previously obtained.
>
> I get same kind of result on Radeon 9200, first run ~2000FPS, then after
> running some other ogl -application it becomes ~1400FPS.

That's about the difference between page flipping and none here. Does
the same thing also happen if you run the first app several times? (Page
flipping is not possible when there are multiple 3D contexts; it sounds
like maybe the counter doesn't get properly decremented or something)