On 3/7/06, Dave Airlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Based on X300 but isn't... it doesn't work yet due to having a
> >> different memory controller.. I've no idea how long it will take for
> >> someone to fix that or for me to get one long enough to play with it..
> >
> > Any possibility someone could enlighten me with ways to "play around"
> > with my 200M?  I'd love to contribute some useful data that'll help us
> > get the memory controller finally working.
>
> To be honest, it's not something for the feint of heart, you could get
> fglrx working on it, and start dumping the registers, but I'm not even
> sure where they are....
>
> Dave.

One thing I just noticed with the video ram calculation on the 200M is
that when the BIOS setting is at 32 MB, DRI says it sees 8 MB.  I just
increased it to 128 MB, and now it says 32 MB. (Slightly less because
I guess DRI reserves some)  So the calculation is off by a factor of
four consistantly.  I wonder if we can find out why.