Daniel Kasak wrote:
Alex Deucher wrote:
On 3/23/06, Daniel Kasak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all.

I've been using the fglrx driver with my Radeon X700 mobility since I
got it, and now I'd like to try to move to the r300 driver. I'm not
getting DRI enabled for some reason that's beyond me ...

I'm using pretty much the latest version of everything at the moment (
although I've been trying every couple of weeks with various versions of
stuff ).

somethings seems to be wrong with the drm.  you might want to try the
latest binary shapshots:
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d228ffb87b76

Thanks for the response :)

I'm an an AMD64 system ( turion notebook ), and I can only see i386
binaries there. I have very modest CFLAGS:
-march=k8 -O2 -pipe
and also a relatively modest compiler ( gcc-3.4.5 ).

I'll try the Gentoo forums to see if anyone there has had any success
with a similar setup.

Any other tips greatly appreciated.

As Alex said, your drm is probably too old. Lots of pci ids (including those from X700) were just added a week ago and your drm looks way older. And, judging by the xorg log, the ddx is a bit oldish too, the memory detection output looks quite a bit different nowadays. If you're on x86_64, you may need to compile from cvs head.

Roland