Am Freitag, den 24.03.2006, 23:50 +0200 schrieb Micha Feigin:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:30:47 -0400
> Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On 7/28/05, Svante Signell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Is anything happening on the Mach64 front for DRI/X.org? It would be
> > > nice to use the 3D capabilities, now that Debian has upgraded unstable
> > > to Xorg.
> >
> > there is a DRI driver for mach64, but the drm is not yet secure so
> > it's not built by default.
>
> Somehow considering the age of this card I doubt the time will be found to
> secure the DRM, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm currently trying to get my hands on an old Mac Notebook with Mach64.
In its current state, Mach64 DRI support is essentially a waste of
everyone's time who has been working on it in the past. Probably most
potential users aren't even aware of it. I am hoping to change that.

Cheers,
  Felix

> > binary snapshots:
> > http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d228ffb87b76
>
> I am using the binary snapshot with the unstable version of X.org and its
> working great. Currently it doesn't really complicate things much as the
> kernel
> doesn't include the mach64 driver anyway so even if X included it, it would
> still require to compile the kernel driver each time you update the kernel.
>
> > building from source:
> > http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > > --
> > > Svante Signell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |