On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:07:05 +0100
Tino Keitel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> when I use suspend2 the X server freezes any shows a somewhat garbled
> display after resume. I have to reboot after this. I use the r300
> driver from Xorg 6.9 and kernel 2.6.15 on a Radeon 9600. I read
> somewhere that r300 should work with suspend to disk a while ago.
>
> When I switch to the text console before suspend, the resume succeeds,
> but I have the problem from above as soon as I switch back to the X
> screen. Without radeon.ko loaded, resume works fine.
>
> Is this a known problem? Should I try the recent snapshots?

Works just fine here with Xorg 7.0.0, and cvs versions of cvs xf86-video-ati +
drm.
Kernel I have is 2.6.14.2 and everything except drm is built-in.

I have tested both rv350 and r480 on sis and via based mobos.

After resuming from suspend(with 3D applications running) I can see lots of
corruption(random coloured pixels) taking place on textures.
This is very slight on my r480 but on rv350 this is way more severe.
I dont think theres any critical data being kept on video memory so this
shouldnt really cause any locks.
I could imagine PCIE cards might not work because of this if the GART-tables
arent reset on resume.

--
Aapo Tahkola