On Tuesday 18 April 2006 10:05, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 4/18/06, Adam Sulmicki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > hello,
> >         It seems only the first copy of X gets drm enabled.
> >         Is this something to live with or this can be fixed?
>
> Currently only one instance of the X server can have the DRI enabled.

It can be fixed with only moderate work, I think.  The only architectural
issue would be introducing the concept of multiple DRI servers (here defined
to mean: window system servers that can mediate the creation and management
of DRM drawables) in the DRM, and then deciding on what semantics you want
when the DRI server is "switched away".

Some of the drivers have hardcoded context numbers in the server, which is
totally broken.  Radeon in particular.

- ajax